eHealth News EU has announcing that European Commission launches new Health Portal. The launch event took place in Malaga, Spain, within the Commission-sponsored “eHealth” conference. The Health-EU Portal is a gateway to simple and sound information on 47 topics that range from babies’ health to bio-terrorism, and from infectious diseases to health insurance.
One of the main goals of the Portal is to help people take responsibility for and improve their own health. It provides information on a wide range of health concerns. Forty-seven topics are divided into six thematic areas:
- “My Health” � e.g. women’s health, people with disabilities, babies and children (nutritional advice, toy safety tips etc)
- “My Lifestyle” � e.g. nutrition, drugs, tobacco, sports and leisure, travel advice (pan-EU emergency call number, what to do if you get sick in another Member State etc)
- “My Environment” � e.g. at home, road safety, consumer rights
- “Health Problems” � e.g. cancer, mental health, cardiovascular diseases (nutritional and lifestyle advice etc)
- “Care for Me” � e.g. long term care, insurance, mobility, medicines
- “Health in the EU” � e.g. research, indicators, statistics.
The site is also intended to be an important tool for scientists, policy makers and health professionals. It will provide the latest developments in research and supply links to a large number of specialist websites.
For further infromation, please visit:
eHealth News EU Portal