In addition to a Director of Open Source Solutions, Misys is also expanding its open source development team and is searching for a Manager of Open Source Development who will lead a core group to internal developers in support of open source projects. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned OS healthcare developer with solid management experience who isn’t afraid to her their hands dirty.
Manager, Open source Development
Misys Healthcare delivers integrated, comprehensive solutions that improve results for healthcare practitioners. Drawing on our decades of healthcare experience, our relationships with more than 100,000 healthcare professionals, and our commitment to customer success, we deliver innovative software and services that enable physicians, caregivers, and a connected healthcare community.
We are currently looking for a Manager to lead our healthcare open source development. The selected candidate is expected to lead a Misys development team in building open-source software solutions for the healthcare interoperability market. The main job duties for this role are:
- Leads and develops team of Software Design Analysts, developers and quality analysts to build healthcare centric open source solutions.
- Coach and mentor team members regarding open source development methodologies and best practices.
- Works closely with other open source projects and developers to build a open source community around the Misys open source and other relevant open source initiatives.
- Provides input to product strategy and roadmap, including assessment/estimates for new features, regulatory requirements, evaluation of 3rd party components.
- Actively participates and interacts with healthcare industry organizations such as IHE, ASTM, and AHIC on the creation of use cases and implementation of standards HL7 v.2.x, HL7 v3,0, HL7 CDA, openEHR, HL7 CTS, HL7 RIM, SNOMED CT, LOINC, and DICOM.
- Interact with product groups, other vendors and clients to understand healthcare interoperability requirements.
- Evaluates and enhances internal processes, particularly those related to open source development principles and methodologies.
- Coordinates and delivers internal education associated with software enhancements or modifications to key persons in other departments.
- Assigns staff to project teams, manages staff participation in the project teams.
- Manages all employee related activities (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines).
- Provides ongoing development, feedback, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent knowledge and background in open source software development.
- Experience with Healthcare software is a requirement. This could be in the area of software development, consulting, integration etc.
- Proven knowledge of various healthcare standards like HL7 v.2.x, HL7 v3,0, HL7 CDA, openEHR, HL7 CTS, HL7 RIM, SNOMED CT, LOINC, and DICOM as well as the work being performed on Connecting for Health
- Common Framework
- Proven ability to provide a open source development perspective to staff and management.
- Track record of positive interaction with open source development groups and other development groups.
- Ability to work and communicate with clients and other departments in an effective and positive manner.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Educational and Other Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading the design and development of software applications for the enterprise or consumer market.
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, coach, and develop staff.
- Minimum of 15 years of software design, development, or related experience with proven success at meeting deliverable deadlines at measurable levels of quality, with at least 3 or more years in a management role.
Misys Healthcare Systems offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account, company paid life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
Misys Healthcare: Experience, Solutions, Results
Send email with CV and/or letters of intent to: