For better or for worse the Federal government has finally arrived in the Health IT space. I suppose it was inevitable since the private sector couldn’t seem to hack it. Anyway: Washington, DC August 19, 2005 – The formation of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) was published today in the Federal Register. The notice in the Federal Register describes a formal structure for ONC, which will consist of five components:
- The Immediate Office of the National Coordinator
- The Office of Health Information Technology Adoption
- The Office of Interoperability and Standards
- The Office of Programs and Coordination
- The Office of Policy and ResearchThanks to Mari Johnson of HHS for the story.