FreeMED version 0.8.4 and REMITT version 0.3.3 have been formally released on Tuesday, May 22, 2007. They include support for CMS’s mandated NPI standard, as well as many other improvements and community contributed bugfixes and features. FreeMED is an GPL-licensed opensource EMR/PM suite which is browser-based, and is developed by the FreeMED Software Foundation, Inc, a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation.
- Notable changes include:
- NPI support (used with newer version of REMITT)
- Initial superbill support.
- Enhanced billing logic and better billing behavior.
- Added DHTML viewer for Djvu documents.
- Added additional community documentation from www.freemed.info
- Many bugfixes and incremental module improvements.
(Full changelog available here)