Walt Pennington has numerous announcements about “OpenEMR”:http://pennfirm.org/services.html. *Earlier this week we released OpenEMR v. 2.5 which now contains prescribing of medications…’* and much more. Read more for the full text of the announcement.
Earlier this week we released OpenEMR v. 2.5 which now contains
prescribing of medications.
We also created several flash videos to demonstrate OpenEMR features
which can be found at OpenEMR.net.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with OpenEMR, it is an open source
practice management and electronic medical record application. We are
creating OpenEMR to compete with and be a replacement for Health Pro,
MegaWest and Medical Manager. We are now in the process of finalizing
billing using FreeB and anticipate having those features implemented and
tested by the end of April 2004.
CURRENT OpenEMR FEATURES
1. Find first available appointment by provider;
2. Support available from Pennington Firm, Synitech or other companies;
3. Extensive patient demographic information;
4. Different calendar views for medical providers and office staff;
5. Reporting using phpMyAdmin;
6. Database manipulation using phpMyAdmin;
7. Several community supported mailing lists and forums;
8. Electronic medical records;
9. Ability to bill ICD and CPT codes at the end of an encounter (CPT
codes must be separately licensed from the AMA and a .tar with CPTs are
available from Pennington Firm);
10. Medication search;
11. Add prescribed medicines to patient history;
12. Send prescriptions to in-house pharmacy;
13. Send prescriptions by email or fax to other pharmacies; and
14. Print prescriptions.
APRIL OPENEMR RELEASE
In late April OpenEMR will have additional functionality for billing
1. Approved by Medi-Cal (California Medicaid) for submitting claims;
2. Ability to submit ANSI X12 or HCFA forms;
3. Clearinghouse with explicit support for OpenEMR and FreeB;
4. Separate billing interface to allow changes to be made in the event
of billing errors; and
5. Ability to print HCFA forms for billing.
As an open source application, OpenEMR can be downloaded and used. At
OpenEMR.net we are regularly adding new content for documentation,
screen shots and video illustrations.
For those clinics or billing companies that need assistance with
installing and supporting OpenEMR, we offer several support packages to
install and customize OpenEMR for the clinic, and also provide training,
including on-site installation and training.
We want to thank those that assisted with the migration of the
openhealth list which now allows us to post information concerning our
402 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101-3554